Friday, September 26, 2008

Cleaning the desktop

Cleaning your computer's desktop is like cleaning the house (or should I say, opening up old photo albums) - you get to find so many big memories scattered thru little documents here and there which leave you wondering... wondering about time AND how fast it flew by, that the entire desktop got filled up with so many document. And again looking at the flip side of the story one seldom realizes that such a long time went by without noticing all the memories.

On a philosophical note (Can't help it sorry!!) it depicts an analogy that we sometimes miss on acknowledging the things despite seeing them. All the documents were there right in front of my eyes and I bet I would have religiously visited my desktop a dozen times at least in a day - seldom realizing the fact that bits and pieces of time were captured out there... Just that when we have time and visit those documents some leave us with good memories and some with learning(s)...

As they say "The past is never dead, it is not even past. (William Faulkner)" - I think the past "lives" in our hearts. However, the good about memories is that it gives humans a chance to transcend back in past and re-live those moments. I am not absolving that living the moments again is not bad, I am sure there will be tons of things / people you would want to just erase from your memory given a chance! :) I am sure there is always a lesson that one would not want to miss on and sometimes such lessons can be learnt while doing introspection on past events.

Often less noticed and mostly taken for granted feeling - after this effort to organize the cluttered reminiscents - is the ecstacy of cleanliness and satisfaction; which is out of world and inexplicable. I might sound rude/harsh here if you think otherwise - but so far that is what has been my experience. Sometimes one feel so engrossed in the course of action that the time stands still for the person. And other gamut of things revolving around go unnoticed.

I read this quote from Thomas Fuller about memories, sounds pretty good to conclude...
"Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart."
So,
keep taking a small bite from the left over to realize how tasteful the life has been :)

PS: Sorry - couldn't talk about what all I found on my desktop but may be thats again food for thought for later - stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. seems like the whole process of 'cleaning up'is ment to get you nostalgic ;) ... be it your desktop / house / phone memory / wardrobe / the pile of files ... etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very true that the "cleaning up" applies to various other things. Why I wrote what I wrote was coz I was trying to depit an analogy :) Thanks for the comment and keep sending 'em...

    ReplyDelete