Sunday, November 30, 2008

Interesting Quotes

I have been fond of reading quotes. So, here is an attempt to start with a few of the quotes in back of my mind and keep updating the blog as and when I add to the list. . .
  1. The sum of human wisdom is not contained in any one language, and no single language is capable of expressing all forms and degrees of human comprehension. ~Ezra Pound
  2. It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them. ~Alfred Adler
  3. An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind ~Kahlil Gibran
  4. Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. ~Lily Tomlin
  5. The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it isgenerally employed only by small children and large nations. ~David Friedman
  6. There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. ~William Shakespeare
  7. If you cannot see a brighter side, polish the dull side ~ Unknown
  8. Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind - it doesn't matter ~Mark Twain
  9. How can I be substantial if I fail to cast a shadow, I have to have a darker side, if I am to be whole ~Unknown
  10. Procrastination is an art of keeping up with yesterday ~Unknown
  11. Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice...
  12. Furious activity is no substitute for understanding... ~ H. H. Williams

Hope you like it... and stay tuned for more... Cheers... :~)

3 comments:

  1. kya baat hai? when did you start? though I see July, it seems i'm late in getting here :). chalo, der aaye durast aaye (bear with me if i've spelled anything wrong!). keep writing.. n njoy it too mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course bro - I am trying to keep up with this now that I have started. But do you know what? Its so, God damned difficult to keep writing.. esp. when you are addicted to something else - i.e. Flickr.com he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. ~Lily Tomlin"

    Right... and now i want to complain "why so many languages" :P .. I can't explain to my maid that I want to complain about her being absent on every sunday :(

    :P

    ReplyDelete