Saturday, November 15, 2008

Necessity of looking good

It was like I had started developing an allergy on my skin. Skin of my face grew more and more dry and started to peel off. I was really scared to the death - what happened to me!!... Again, during this time I ended up meeting someone who happened to be a person of strong sense of aesthetics and thought we may be able to get along well!

It was a great dilemma. I wasn't sure of the other person's ability to digest the fact and there was a risk if told the truth; I might put a seemingly great relationship to jeopardy. It was not fair on part to hide the fact either. Another aspect that got me thinking was - how bigger a deal it was for me to look good. Personally speaking, I would always try to look at a "person within" over looking the appearance of an individual but it might not always work like that. I wasn't sure if the other person will be able to accept me on "as is" basis. What if I would never recover! All those unwanted questions bubbled up my mind. It was only then, that I realized that looks did matter to me a bit - and it might equally be important for the other person.

Later I found out - after a couple of visits to my doctor - that the new hand lotion was something I developed an allergy to and with a couple of ointments and new lotion - I recovered pretty quick...

Definitely a learning experience!!

1 comment:

  1. come on... be honest and tell what you had really done to get that skin problem. :P
    ha ha ha... ;D
    Yeah ...i agree that looks are not everything...but it is also not 'nothing'. Stuff like features or skin color isn't something you can choose...but one can definitely choose how to present one's self.

    ReplyDelete